This is my family's favorite dish. I personally love livers especially chicken livers so I decided to add chicken livers to my pasta sauce. My fam loves it. Moreover, I can get my son to eat liver by having this lasagna for dinner. If you don't like livers, you have to try this dish. You will not believe that it has liver in it.
- 1 pack of fresh lasagna noodles
- 250 grams of mined chicken
- 200 grams of chicken livers
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic
- half onion
- 200 ml. tomato puree
- 2 table spoon of italian mix herbs
- 2 table spoon of flour
- 3 cup of milk
- 1 cup of grated sharp aged sheddar (3/4 cup for cheese sauce, 1/4 cup for the top layer)
- Olive oil
1. Meat sauce: Sauteed diced onions until they become translucent. Then add minced chicken and chopped chicken livers followed by italian mix herbs. Stir them together and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Meat Sauce: Turn the heat to medium. Add tomato puree and stir occasionally. Turn the heat off when the sauce start boiling.
3. Cheese Sauce: Turn the heat to low and add the olive olive and stir in the flour. Add the milk and stir occasionally and bring to boil. Add the cheese then turn the heat off.
Assembling the lasagna
The bottom layer: adding 1 cup of milk then add the meat sauce without the meat. (Since we cook this lasagna on the stove, the meat should not be at the bottom layer because it will burn before the whole lasagna is fully cooked.) Then followed by the second layer.
1st layer: meat sauce
2nd layer: cheese sauce
3rd layer: lasagna sheet.
Repeat layer 1 - 3 until you reach the desired height. Make sure that last layer is cheese sauce and do not forget to sprinkle the rest of the cheddar on the top. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.