When my son started to be picky about what he ate, I had to come up with something new in shapes and new in taste for him. I also tried to come up with a bite size recipe that filled with essential nutrients in a bite. These broccoli balls are perfect because they has protein , carbohydrate, veggie, fat and mineral. It turned out that my son loves these broccoli balls very much. I was so happy! However, I only let my son eat fried food once in a while. So, we will have this menu only on special occasions. This will be a great reward when my son do something great as well. Another great thing about this broccoli balls is I can make them in advance, freeze them and fry them later. So convinient!
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 stick creamcheese (optional)
1 cup plain yoghurt
oil for frying (recommend rice bran oil)
2. Boil the potato and mash it roughly.
3. Mix the broccoli and the mashed potato together.
5. If you decide to have cream cheese inside the broccoli ball, prepare the cream cheese by cutting the creamcheese into small cubes.
7. Coat the broccoli balls with egg followed by the breadcrumbs. You can definitely freeze these broccoli balls and fry them later.
8. Deep fry the broccoli ball a few at a time for 2 - 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
These bite size broccoli balls are not only great for kids meal but also great for parties as well. Why not adding this to your party food recipe box!! I hope you and your kids enjoy these broccoli balls like we do.